The Fiji Women’s Rights Movement is a multicultural non-governmental organisation committed to removing discrimination against women through institutional reform and attitudinal change.
Team Leader- Gender and Transitional Justice
Purpose of the Job:
The Research Officer is responsible for the conduct of research on women’s human rights issues in Fiji.
Specific objectives of the job:
• To carry out research through data collection, interviews, desk reviews etc on a variety of research projects on women’s human rights in Fiji;
• Gather information on current legal and constitutional protection of women’s rights in Fiji;
• Identify key issues, weaknesses and gaps in legal protection and make recommendations on best practices and lessons to be learnt and implemented;
• Assist in the establishment of a database by identifying and accessing relevant material from various sources as requested.
• A Degree in Law or relevant tertiary level education;
• At least 3 years of work experience;
• A highly developed understanding of human rights, feminist values and gender equality;
• High level of spoken and written English;
• A commitment to equal opportunities for women.
FJ$20, 000 – FJ$40,000; dependent on academic qualification and work experience.
Applicants must submit a result oriented CV with contact details for three referees and a statement of interest no later than the close of business Monday 23rd October , 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
All applications must be posted to:
Fiji Women’s Rights Movement,
P.O Box 14194, Suva
to access full job description or request a copy via email.